- Wage: Salary Negotiable
- Vessel Type: Bulk Carrier
- Start date: 13/12/2022
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Vessel Flag: Germany
- Vessel Owner: Germany
- Trading Region: Worldwide
We are looking for an experience and motivated Marine Superintendent for our Hamburg office.
Roles & Responsibilities
Monitors and controls the safe and cost efficient technical operation of all assigned vessels using the available resources, within the defined parameters of cost, commercial viability and operational excellence in line with Owners expectations. Ensure environmental compliance policies are upheld.
Ship technical support
• Understands the contractual agreements with customers to be able to deliver the same with regards to the ship management services for each assigned vessel, in a safe and cost efficient manner.
• Monitors the effective operation of the equipment and machineries of the assigned vessels, identifying potential discrepancies from operational standards and proposes and/or implements solutions that will enhance the efficiency, performance and safety of the vessels.
• Participates in the development of the maintenance and repairs plan for the assigned vessels and monitors its accurate execution in order to identify compliance of operations according to time schedule, quality of deliverables and budget.
• Projects the requirements in maintenance and repairs activities, spare parts and technical training of the assigned vessels in order to provide valuable information for the development of the budget and maintenance plan of the vessels. Upon approval, follows-up its accurate execution, identifying, reporting and providing solutions in potential discrepancies.
• Monitors all vessels trading certificates to ensure compliance with existing maritime legislation, safety regulations and operational standard requirements of all regulatory bodies.
• Oversees and monitors the overall technical operation of the assigned vessels, ensures the timely and accurate completion of dry-docking and of other relevant shipboard maintenance and repair activities, in order to support the operational effectiveness of vessels and increase customer’s satisfaction and commitment.
Execution of technical inspections
• Manages all vessel visits, audits and inspections effectively right from planning to implementation and follow up with the aim of supporting and enhancing the operational efficiency of the fleet. Ensures that vessel visit reports are made timely, are accurate and submitted to the owner, Fleet Director and/or MD to allow a detailed analysis of the broad and specific issues affecting vessel operations and the plan for proposed corrective actions.
• Liaises with Quality department in order to obtain the necessary information that will secure the alignment of all technical requirements and standards of the fleet assigned with Company’s QC policy as well as with relevant legislation, contributing towards environmental protection and enhancement of company’s image.
Execution of maintenance activities
• Monitors the accurate, timely and qualitative execution of all maintenance and repairs activities, in cooperation with the Onboard Management Team, reviewing the compliance of deliverables from subcontractors with agreements and requirements, in order to ensure optimum, efficient and safe operation of each assigned vessel.
• Monitors and assesses the requisition requests received from the vessels. The approved requisition requests are processed by the Central Purchasing Team or the Technical Officers, as appropriate, for obtaining quotations. Evaluates the quotations received and gives the approval to proceed with the placing of the order and ensures the timely supply of all required spare parts & stores to vessels.
Education and Qualifications:
• . degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent, or
• Chief Engineer’s qualification.
• 3 years of sailing experience as Senior Officer, or
• 3 years of shore experience as a technical superintendent with a ship management/owning company
• Strong knowledge of vessels’ technical requirements and voyage regulations
• Excellent project management skills
• Very good negotiation skills
• Very good people management skills
• Team work and cooperation
• Very good organisational skills
• Fluency in English
• PC literacy